Saturday, November 24, 2012

Tell the Truth

This was quite possibly my earliest parody work.  In fact it may not actually be mine at all. It might have been my Ballet carpooling partner working alone on this one, and I was just there yelling it out the window with her as my poor father reflected on what a terrible idea daughters are.  Regardless, it`s based on The Boxer by Simon and Garfunkle.  It`s interesting that Paul Simon has been rather a heavy influence on my parodying, so even if it was Rachel`s construction I feel it`s good to include it as kind of a stepping stone for some of my more recent work.  We really only got as far as the chorus.  When you`re inevitably disappointed, just remember that we were only 9 at the time.

Tell The Truth
Lie lie lie (tell the truth)
lie lie lie lie lie lie lie
lie lie lie (tell the truth)
lie lie lie lie lie lie lie la la la la lie
(tell the truth)
lie lie lie lie lie lie lie
lie lie lie (tell the truth)
lie lie lie lie lie lie lie la la la la lie


No comments:

Post a Comment