Saturday, November 24, 2012

Reaching For the Gold


As a hard core Gleek from day 1, I needed for New Directions to win Nationals.  I had witnessed the Finchel disaster that was Season 2 Nationals, and the upset of their awesome Journey medley losing to those assholes Vocal Adrenaline in season 1.  In fact, I was so invested in season 3 victory that I wrote an anthem to cheer them on.  This one isn`t a parody or anything, so don`t worry about trying to figure out what tune it`s supposed to be.  I am the only one who knows it, and trust me you`re not really missing out.

Reaching For the Gold
Teacher I have done my homework and read all the texts
But education hasn’t taught what happens to me next
I know history but not the future
An A in math but life not so sure
Will I get married?  Will I be poor?
Where’s that in my SAT score?

We’re living out our mysteries
And taking on uncertainty
We don’t know what the future holds
But we’re breaking out and reaching for gold

Did I make the right decision?  Will I make my mother proud?
No more curfews or vegetables.  No more asking if I’m allowed
Is there anything that I should know?
One last pep talk before the big show
A journey of joy and high achieving
As long as I don’t stop believing

It’s time to start a new life but I won’t forget the past
Lessons learned I’m wiser now.  It’s all gone by so fast
I’m on my own with the world to take
I’ll make mistakes but they’re mine to make
And when life hits those rocky bits
My hopes and dreams will guide me through it

No comments:

Post a Comment